Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crazy Typos in Gothic Novels

I am reading a novel right now-- one by one of my favorite authors. I'll be reviewing it later this week, I'm sure.

The thing that killed me is this: 60 pages in, there is a terrible typo. The heroine is called by the wrong last name twice in a few lines! She becomes a Foley when she had been a Grant on the jacket flap and in the novel. I laughed, but it was actually disappointing and distracting since this novel was published by a pretty decent publishing house.

Do any of you have favorite or remembered typos or obvious errors in the novels you love? Care to share?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just ran into a typo while reading "HERE I STAY" by Barbara Michaels. There was a missing "s" out of the word "she" so I read it as "he" and the meaning was really changed but not obvious so I was really confused for a while until I reread half a page over and over. One typo doesn't upset me, but when you do run into several typo's, it really takes away from the quality and the overall enjoyment of the book.

Gothic Writer said...

Oh, Clark... how are you liking that one? I love it. :) I hope you're enjoying it...

bookwomen said...

One of my favorite mistakes was in a mystery novel. At the beginning the narrator indicts that 4 people died. I kept wondering who was going to be the fourth victim. There were only 3 murders in the entire novel. How frustrating.

Unknown said...

I think that is real a riot that bookwomen wrote about. It might be frustrating, I'm sorry, but I think it was funny.....now if it happened to me I probably wouldn't see any humor.

Anonymous said...

The best and most hilarious typo I ever encountered was "He wiped his sweaty hand on his thing." I believe the author meant "thigh".

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .