Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quickie Review: Broken Harbor by Tana French

It's been way too long since I've posted a review. I recently read Broken Harbor by Tana French. The Kindle edition is pretty steep, but I was lucky enough to find the hardcover in my library.

This book is a mix of Gothic atmosphere and police procedural, so that's my disclaimer. It's not a gothic romance, but boy, did it creep me out more than once. A spooky house by the sea, a stalker, an animal roaming the house (or is it?) and a murdered family/double suicide (I won't tell) are just some of the elements that made me look over my shoulder after reading a chapter. As with French's other books, I finished this one in just a few days. So, set aside some reading time if you pick it up and find you like it after the first chapter or so.

French is known for going deep with characterization and for adding a twist to the plot. She got me with this one. I didn't see the ending coming. Let me know how you like it if you pick it up. :) If you enjoy it, may I suggest The Likeness, too? It is gothic romance and police procedural, and I adore it.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like this book is more about horror due to several reasons like the description of house etc. At the same time I agree that french is known for its characterization, this can also be seen in movies and they are really good at it. If all this put together then this book deserves a read and ofcourse if someone likes it then it will definitely can a place in personal library.

Serial Killers

 
Wordpress Theme by wpthemescreator .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .